Saturday, November 15, 2008

Quest For God

Quest For God

To want god is to need him in our lives despite the natural needs for our daily living. To want god is a need – a feeling – or an emotion that goes beyond the NATURAL needs Many people need God in their lives but do not necessarily want Him. He becomes a heavy load – a burden to bear by many, who, once believed and called up on his name. His name becomes a by-word and our service to Him – an overwhelming entanglement that one needs to escape from after a few months or years of surrender. As long as the needs are met and we live in comfort, our hearts overflow with joy – one finds it easy to sing God’s praise. To want God is a desire that captivates the mind, envelopes the heart and lets one know that despite the many needs that have been met and the ones that seem to be forgotten – God is and always will be the most important person in your life. To want God is to have a heart-felt commitment to Him: inspite of, the fact that he has not given you the million dollar home, the fine – expensive cars, the woman or man you have been consulting him over or the healing that has not yet occurred and the fame and honor you believe you deserve. The poor relationship between God and man stems from the fact that men NEED God more than they WANT him and God WANTS men more than he NEEDS them. David, in Psalm27:4 said it best, One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. Hence, the reason, for our lack of development: emotionally, spiritually, physically and financially. Wanting God goes beyond every physical need and every emotional desire. You didn’t get the sports car, so what, is that any reason to stop loving the God you say you want? Your protection healing and deliverance is in GodPsalm27 5For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.6And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD. What we don’t realize is that his amazing love often gives you what you want and need. This is my prayer, God I love you even thou, I love you despite the fact, God, I love you period. Jesus I want you more than my wants and needs, I need you Lord more than having my needs met. Pray this and see the miracles that will begin to happen in your life.

No comments: